We are now accepting applications for our 2018 Scholarship.Forty (40) graduate scholarship recipients will receive a trip to New York or San Francisco where they will participate in career building activities including a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, two career & professional development workshops and a scholarship & donor recognition reception.
Graduate student applicants meeting the following criteria and completing the application will be considered for The LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) scholarship in the amount of $3,250:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident or be an AB-540 student/DACA recipient
- Must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/Alaska Native
- Must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution within the U.S., carrying a total of 9 units or more per semester/quarter
- *Must have a minimum of 3.2 GPA (if you do not meet this requirement, please see the application checklist below)
- MUST major in a field of study that has an emphasis in advertising, marketing or public relations
- Must have a MINIMUM OF TWO ACADEMIC SEMESTERS or ONE-YEAR left to complete his/her Master’s degree from the time the scholarship is awarded in May 2018
- Recipients who attend a college/university east of Chicago MUST be available Saturday, May 19, 2018 through Tuesday, May 22, 2018. Recipients who attend a college/university west of Chicago MUST be available Saturday, June 2, 2018 through Tuesday, June 5, 2018. If chosen, the applicant MUST attend TLF’s scholarship activities to receive the scholarship. The applicant must make a one-year commitment to maintain contact with TLF to receive professional guidance and academic support
- Completed Graduate Application Form (MS Word) or Graduate Application Form (PDF)
- Application must be typed or it will not be accepted
- One reference letter from a college professor or an internship adviser on official letterhead and signed
- Your current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from your college/university. If you are selected as a finalist, you must provide official transcripts. An acceptance letter from your college/university may be used as a substitue for unofficial transcripts if you are begining your program in fall of 2018
- Headshot photo of applicant
- Application form, which includes all of the following components. The following essay questions should be answered on separate pages:
- A one to two-page essay outlining your career goals and where you see your career path leading you. In addition, explain why you believe it's important to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the fields of advertising, marketing and public relations. You can include accomplishments relevant to increasing awareness about diversity in your community.
- A brief paragraph explaining college and/or community activities in which you are involved in
- A brief paragraph describing any honors and awards that you have received
- *Optional: If you do not think your GPA accurately reflects your scholastic capability and achievement, draft an essay no longer than one-page explaining the discrepancy.
If you submit ONLY the application form, your application will NOT be considered!
Before uploading and submitting your application online, all application documents must be combined and saved into one PDF!
The deadline is Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:00 pm PST. Scholarship applications that are complete and submitted by January 19th, 2018 11:59 pm PST will be eligible for an extra 10 points. Applications submitted after February 28, 2018 WILL NOT be considered.