The 2019 TLF Scholarship Application Cycle is Now Accepting Applications!
Undergraduate (current freshmen, sophomores, juniors and non-graduating seniors ONLY!) applicants meeting the following criteria and completing the application will be considered for The LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) scholarship in the amount of $2,500:
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA recipient
- Must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/Alaska Native
- Must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution within the U.S., carrying a total of 12 units or more per semester/quarter
- *Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (if you do not meet this requirement, please see the application checklist below)
- MUST major in a field of study that has an emphasis on advertising, marketing or public relations
- Must have at least one year to complete his/her degree from the time the scholarships are awarded in May 2019
- Recipients MUST be available to participate in the scholarship activities from May 19-21, 2019. If chosen, the applicant MUST attend TLF's scholarship activities to receive the scholarship. The applicant must make a one-year commitment to maintain contact with TLF to receive professional guidance and academic support.
- Undergraduate scholarship application (MS Word) or Undergraduate Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Application must be typed or it will not be accepted
- One reference letter from a college professor or internship advisor on official letterhead and signed
- Your current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from your college/university. If you are selected as a finalist, you must provide official transcripts.
- Headshot photo of applicant
- Application form, which includes all of the following components. The following essay questions should be answered on separate pages:
- A one to two-page essay outlining your career goals and where you see your career path leading you. In addition, explain why you believe it's important to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the fields of advertising, marketing and public relations. You can include accomplishments relevant to increasing awareness about diversity in your community.
- A brief paragraph explaining college and/or community activities in which you are involved in
- A brief paragraph describing any honors and awards that you have received
- *Optional: If you do not think your GPA accurately reflects your scholastic capability and achievement, then draft an essay no longer than one-page explaining the discrepancy
If you submit ONLY the application form, your application will NOT be considered!
Before uploading and submitting your application online, all application documents must be combined and saved into one PDF!
The deadline is Thursday, February 28, 2019 5:00 p.m. PST. Scholarship applications that are complete and submitted on or before January 18, 2019 11:59 p.m. PST will be eligible for an extra 10 points. If your application is submitted after February 28, 2019, it WILL NOT be considered.