You need our counseling services … here’s why
No matter your background, age or gender, vision change and/or loss is frightening (for both you AND your loved ones). This is because not only do you experience physical change, but you also experience emotional change.
We have had clients that have waited weeks, months, or even years to seek help, only to say after visiting our Center, “I wasted so much time thinking I couldn’t when, now I know, I could”.
Thus, our counseling is designed to help in the following areas:
- Personal Adjustment: Physical and emotional
- Activity Adjustment: Work, education and recreation
- Relationship Adjustment: Family, co-workers, friends, etc.
Join a Support Group
In order to enable blind and vision impaired clients to remain independent, we also offer three types of groups that support an independent lifestyle:
The San Diego Center for the Blind offers a number of support groups to assist the individual as they move into a more independent lifestyle. Small group sessions cover a wide range of topics from dealing with anger and frustration, how to communicate with others, how to maintain a positive outlook towards life, and more.
Due to the high rate of diabetes among the visually impaired population, this is a group designed specifically for visually impaired people with diabetes. We discuss self-monitoring, diet and exercise, and ways to adopt healthy lifestyles.
Being able to actually utilize newly learned skills and techniques in their community is the ultimate goal and true test of living as independently as possible. Our transition group focuses on life afterbeing a part of the San Diego Center for the Blind and focuses on helping each client make their own personal transition back into their communities.
This peer group session puts students together to share experiences, both positive and negative, with each other and compare problem solving skills and solutions to daily obstacles. Through shared experiences and open discussion, students help each other through the tough times and, along the way, make friendships that can last a lifetime.
Get more information about Counseling Services
and Support Groups (LINK to ???)
Learn About Our Staff
The SDCB staff is highly trained and qualified to support you. (LINK to STAFF page)
Need transportation to our Center?
If needed, we provide round-trip transportation
at no cost to students participating in Vision Rehabilitation Services.
(LINK to CONTACT page)
• We aren’t tied to our own products and services. Unlike other firms that push their own products and services, we're not tied to or obligated to recommend particular solutions or vendors. That way we can recommend - from the whole universe of possibilities - the BEST solutions for your budget and your circumstances.
• We help prevent bad vendor experiences. Most of our clients don’t have the time to exhaustively research and interview potential vendors. We bring over 20 years of marketing experience to your business, along with hundreds of vendors and resources that are pre-screened.
• We keep you apprised of the newest marketing ideas that can make a difference to your business. We research and scour newsletters, web sites and journals for the latest and greatest in marketing ... and then we share that information with you!
• We specialize in freelancers and “boutique agencies”. We know from years in marketing that you don’t always get what you’ve paid for from big, brand name agencies. That’s because unless you are Coke or General Motors, more often than not, you will have junior level people working on your account – but you’re still paying big agency prices. With our freelancers and "boutique agencies", you'll get unbelievable talent for a reasonable price tag.
• We cater to all different budgets. We have a range of vendors that we work with … at both ends of the budget spectrum. We work closely with our clients to make sure that we match you with vendors and resources that fall within your budget. For entrepreneurs and start-ups, we even have many wonderful resources that are free … you just need to know about them. That's what Mad Marketeer is here for.